BOTOX® / Botox Hyperhydrosis
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults. BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet. You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months. Treatment requires minimal downtime or recovery; it’s often called a lunchtime procedure. You’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave your specialist’s office.
Botox Hyperhydrosis: The area on the body to be treated is first numbed using a special topical cream. A few drops of Botox are injected with a tiny needle superficially under the skin. Botox blocks the nerve impulse from reaching that area, and as a result, the sweat glands are inactivated. Dramatic responses to Botox Injections for Hyperhidrosis (or what we refer as botox injections for sweat) are often seen within a few days. However, the results are in most cases temporary and may need to be repeated after 3 to 6 months.
BOTOX® is a very popular non-surgical procedure, done with injections using a small needle, that:
- Reduces moderate-to-severe lines around the eyes or “crow’s feet”
- Smoothes out creases in the forehead
- Smoothes out frown lines between the eyebrows
- Lifts the corners of the mouth
- Lifts the eyebrows for a more youthful appearance
- You can come in on your lunch break and return back to work.
- There is minimal or no down time after having the procedure performed.
BOTOX® injections work by weakening the muscles that form wrinkles, thus appearing less noticeable.
Results can vary from person to person, and discomfort is minimal and virtually painless. You can enjoy lasting results for up to 3-6 months after the procedure. You will see a difference within a few days to a few weeks. Since the results are not permanent, you will need to schedule follow-up visits within 3-6 months to maintain your desired look. If you discontinue the use of Botox, your lines will eventually go back to the way they were before.
BOTOX® is only performed by one of our trained physicians or physician assistants. Risks, although uncommon, can include bruising of the injection site, headaches, flu-like symptoms, neck discomfort, swelling, or temporary droopy eyelids. You should not receive Botox® if you are pregnant or breast feeding or have a history of neurological disease.
Request a Consultation
New at GCD
- GCD Now Offers CoolSculpting® (Fat Reduction)
- Now offering Ultherapy treatment
- Eclipse PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
- LaserBand 82 at a great price!
- Biotin RD Dissolves rapidly, increased absorption
- Daly L-Lysine enhances and accelerates hair growth/regrowth
Join Our Mailing List